Kitten Adoption Glen Waverley
The Cat Adoption Centre Program in Glen Waverley is a collaborative effort between our veterinary practice, welfare agencies, and pounds to find loving homes for cats and kittens that may otherwise face an uncertain future. By adopting through our program, you not only provide a home for a furry friend in need but also support responsible pet ownership.
Adopting a cat or kitten is an enriching experience that not only gives a furry friend a loving home but also offers numerous benefits to you as the new owner. Here are just a few of the benefits of adopting a feline friend:
- Companionship: Cats are loving creatures that enjoy spending time with their human companions. They provide unlimited amusement and will always be there to snuggle with you at the end of a tiring day.
- Health benefits: Owning a cat has several health benefits, such as reducing stress and anxiety, lowering blood pressure, and boosting your mood. Furthermore, playing with your kitten is an excellent way to get some exercise and improve your overall health.
- Teaching responsibility: Adopting a cat is a great way to teach children (and even adults) about responsibility. Caring for a cat requires regular feeding, grooming, and playtime, which can help teach important life skills.
- Saving a life: Adopting a cat or kitten from a shelter or rescue organisation not only gives a loving home to a furry friend in need but also helps reduce overcrowding in shelters and saves a life.
- Lower cost: The cost of adopting a cat from a shelter or rescue organisation is often less than purchasing a kitten from a breeder. Plus, the adoption fee covers veterinary procedures such as desexing, microchipping, and vaccinations.
In our program, all cats and kittens receive a thorough health check, desexing, microchipping, vaccination, worming, and flea treatment, and we evaluate their personalities to ensure they are well-suited for their new family.
Our cats and kittens have an adoption fee, which is subsidised by our clinic and covers the cost of their veterinary procedures. This fee allows us to give our feline friends the best care possible and prepare them to become part of your family.
Once you adopt a cat or kitten from us, you will receive an Adoption Certificate and kitten pack courtesy of our supporter, Hills. The kitten pack has everything your new furry friend will need to get started in their new home, including food samples and care information.
Our available cats and kittens are updated regularly, so make sure to check back frequently or contact us for more details. We can't wait to help you find your ideal feline companion!
Please call us to see if we have any kittens available for adoption on (03) 9899 9518