Kitten Adoption Hawthorn North
Looking to adopt a beautiful new cat or kitten in Hawthorn North? Our Cat Adoption Centre Program is a partnership between our veterinary practice, welfare agencies, and pounds, designed to help find a loving home for cats and kittens that would otherwise face an uncertain future. By adopting through our program, you not only provide a home for a furry friend in need but also promote responsible pet ownership.
Adopting a cat or kitten is an enriching experience that not only gives a furry friend a loving home but also offers numerous benefits to you as the new owner. Here are just a few of the benefits of adopting a feline friend:
- Companionship: Cats provide companionship and are loving animals that relish spending time with their human companions. They provide infinite entertainment and will always be there to curl up with you at the end of a long day.
- Health benefits: Owning a cat has been shown to have numerous health benefits, including reducing stress and anxiety, lowering blood pressure, and boosting your mood. Additionally, playing with your kitten can be a great way to get some exercise and improve your overall health.
- Teaching responsibility: Adopting a cat can be a valuable lesson in responsibility for children (and even adults). Caring for a cat requires regular feeding, grooming, and playtime, which can help teach important life skills.
- Saving a life: By adopting a cat or kitten from a shelter or rescue organisation, you are not only giving a loving home to a furry friend in need but also helping to reduce overcrowding in shelters and save a life.
- Lower cost: Adopting a cat from a shelter or rescue organisation is generally cheaper than buying a kitten from a breeder. Moreover, the adoption fee covers veterinary procedures such as desexing, microchipping, and vaccinations.
In our program, all cats and kittens receive a thorough health check, desexing, microchipping, vaccination, worming, and flea treatment, and we evaluate their personalities to ensure they are well-suited for their new family.
While there is an adoption fee for our cats and kittens, it is subsidised by our clinic and contributes to the cost of their veterinary procedures. Rest assured that this fee helps us provide top-notch care for our feline friends and ensures they are ready to join your family.
We provide an Adoption Certificate and kitten pack from our supporter, Hills, to new owners upon adoption of a cat or kitten. The kitten pack includes food samples and care information to ensure that your new furry friend has everything they need to start their new life with you.
We regularly update our available cats and kittens, so make sure to check back often or get in touch with us for more information. We are excited to help you find your ideal feline match!
Please call us to see if we have any kittens available for adoption on (03) 9899 9518