Kitten Adoption Ivanhoe East
Looking to adopt a beautiful new cat or kitten in Ivanhoe East? Our Cat Adoption Centre Program is a partnership between our veterinary practice, welfare agencies, and pounds, designed to help find a loving home for cats and kittens that would otherwise face an uncertain future. By adopting through our program, you not only provide a home for a furry friend in need but also promote responsible pet ownership.
Adopting a cat or kitten is a fantastic experience that not only gives a furry friend a loving home but also offers numerous benefits to you as the new owner. Here are just a few benefits of adopting a feline friend:
- Companionship: Cats provide companionship and are loving animals that relish spending time with their human companions. They provide infinite entertainment and will always be there to curl up with you at the end of a long day.
- Health benefits: Owning a cat has been shown to have numerous health benefits, including reducing stress and anxiety, lowering blood pressure, and boosting your mood. Additionally, playing with your kitten can be a great way to get some exercise and improve your overall health.
- Teaching responsibility: Adopting a cat is an excellent way to teach children (and even adults) about responsibility. Caring for a cat involves regular feeding, grooming, and playtime, which can help teach essential life skills.
- Saving a life: By adopting a cat or kitten from a shelter or rescue organisation, you are not only giving a loving home to a furry friend in need but also helping to reduce overcrowding in shelters and save a life.
- Lower cost: The cost of adopting a cat from a shelter or rescue organisation is often less than purchasing a kitten from a breeder. Plus, the adoption fee covers veterinary procedures such as desexing, microchipping, and vaccinations.
We take care of all cats and kittens in our program by conducting a thorough health check and providing desexing, microchipping, vaccination, worming, and flea treatment. We also assess their personalities to ensure they are a good fit for their new family.
Although there is an adoption fee for our cats and kittens, it is subsidised by our clinic and helps cover the cost of their veterinary procedures. Rest assured that this fee allows us to provide high-quality care for our feline friends and prepares them to join your family.
Once you adopt a cat or kitten from us, you will receive an Adoption Certificate and kitten pack courtesy of our supporter, Hills. The kitten pack has everything your new furry friend will need to get started in their new home, including food samples and care information.
We update our available cats and kittens frequently, so don't forget to check back regularly or get in touch with us for more information. We can't wait to help you find your perfect feline match!
Please call us to see if we have any kittens available for adoption on (03) 9899 9518