Kitten Adoption Ivanhoe
Our Cat Adoption Centre Program in Ivanhoe is a collaboration between our veterinary practice, welfare agencies, and pounds, aimed at finding loving homes for cats and kittens that need them. By adopting through our program, you not only give a furry friend a home but also help promote responsible pet ownership.
Adopting a cat or kitten is an enriching experience that not only gives a furry friend a loving home but also offers numerous benefits to you as the new owner. Here are just a few of the benefits of adopting a feline friend:
- Companionship: Cats offer companionship and are affectionate creatures that enjoy spending time with their human owners. They provide never-ending entertainment and will always be there to cuddle with you at the end of a long day.
- Health benefits: Owning a cat has several health benefits, such as reducing stress and anxiety, lowering blood pressure, and boosting your mood. Furthermore, playing with your kitten is an excellent way to get some exercise and improve your overall health.
- Teaching responsibility: Adopting a cat is a great way to teach children (and even adults) about responsibility. Caring for a cat requires regular feeding, grooming, and playtime, which can help teach important life skills.
- Saving a life: Adopting a cat or kitten from a shelter or rescue organisation is a meaningful way to give a loving home to a furry friend in need while also helping to reduce overcrowding in shelters and save a life.
- Lower cost: Adopting a cat from a shelter or rescue organisation is generally cheaper than buying a kitten from a breeder. Moreover, the adoption fee covers veterinary procedures such as desexing, microchipping, and vaccinations.
All cats and kittens in our program receive a comprehensive health check, are desexed, microchipped, vaccinated, wormed, and flea treated. We also evaluate their personalities to ensure they are a good match for their new family.
Our cats and kittens have an adoption fee, which is subsidised by our clinic and covers the cost of their veterinary procedures. This fee allows us to give our feline friends the best care possible and prepare them to become part of your family.
Once you adopt a cat or kitten from us, you will receive an Adoption Certificate and kitten pack courtesy of our supporter, Hills. The kitten pack has everything your new furry friend will need to get started in their new home, including food samples and care information.
We update our available cats and kittens frequently, so don't forget to check back regularly or get in touch with us for more information. We can't wait to help you find your perfect feline match!
Please call us to see if we have any kittens available for adoption on (03) 9899 9518