Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Alphington
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Alphington and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet highly recommends vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Just like humans, our furry friends are susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases that can cause severe illnesses or even death. That's why we suggest beginning protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Vaccinating your pet is vital to keep them healthy and shielded from infectious diseases. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinations are crucial in protecting your pet from serious, and sometimes life-threatening illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as parvovirus, distemper, rabies, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Vaccinations can save you from expensive veterinary bills in the long run. Preventing your pet from getting sick is much cheaper than treating a serious illness.
- Helps protect other animals: By vaccinating your pet, you are not only protecting them but also preventing the spread of disease to other animals, particularly in places such as dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets can interact with each other.
- Required by law: In certain situations, vaccinating your pet may be mandatory by law. Neglecting to vaccinate your pet may lead to fines or other repercussions.
- Long-term protection: Vaccinating your pet is important in providing long-term protection against infectious diseases. By maintaining your pet's vaccination schedule, you are helping to ensure their ongoing health and wellbeing.
At Elgar Road Vet, our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are dedicated to developing a customised vaccination plan that ensures safe and effective protection for your pet. We personalise our vaccination protocols to suit the specific requirements and lifestyle of your furry friend, guaranteeing that they receive optimal protection.
Keep in mind that pet and animal vaccinations are regulated differently in each state. The Australian Veterinary Association states that core vaccines for dogs include canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
Elgar Road Vet offers yearly health checks for your pets in addition to vaccinations. These check-ups allow us to keep track of your furry friend's overall health and well-being, so we can detect any potential health issues early on.
We understand that your furry friend is an important member of your family and we are dedicated to providing them with exceptional care. If you have any questions about vaccinations or would like to book an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Alphington.