Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Auburn South
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Auburn South and surrounding areas.
We highly recommend vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases at Elgar Road Vet. Like humans, our furry companions are prone to viral and bacterial diseases, which can lead to severe illnesses or even death. This is why we advocate starting protection against potential threats early, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they age.
Protecting your pet from infectious diseases is crucial, and vaccinating them is one of the most important things you can do. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Immunising your pet is one of the most important ways to protect them from life-threatening illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Vaccinating your pet can help you save money on expensive vet bills by preventing them from getting sick. Treating a serious illness can be costly, but prevention is more affordable.
- Helps protect other animals: By vaccinating your pet, you are not only protecting them but also preventing the spread of disease to other animals, particularly in places such as dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets can interact with each other.
- Required by law: There are cases where vaccinating your pet may be a legal obligation. Refraining from vaccinating your pet may result in fines or other consequences.
- Long-term protection: By vaccinating your pet, you are providing them with long-term protection against infectious diseases, helping them stay healthy for years to come. It is crucial to keep up with your pet's vaccinations to ensure their ongoing health.
At Elgar Road Vet, our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to developing an individualised vaccination plan that delivers safe and effective protection for your pet. We tailor our vaccination protocols to meet your pet's specific needs and lifestyle, ensuring that they receive the highest level of protection possible.
Keep in mind that pet and animal vaccinations are regulated differently in each state. The Australian Veterinary Association states that core vaccines for dogs include canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
At Elgar Road Vet, we provide annual health check-ups for your pets as well as vaccinations. These check-ups help us to monitor your pet's general health and well-being, enabling us to detect any potential health issues early on.
We know that your pet is an essential part of your family and we are committed to providing them with the best possible care. If you have any concerns about vaccinations or would like to arrange an appointment for your pet, please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Auburn South.