Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Bellfield
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Bellfield and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Our furry friends are as susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases as humans, which can lead to severe illnesses or even death. This is why we encourage starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
We believe vaccinating your pet is crucial to their overall health and protecting them from infectious diseases. Here are some of the advantages of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinations are an effective way to shield your pet from severe and often fatal illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: By vaccinating your pet, you can avoid expensive veterinary costs in the future. Prevention is always more cost-effective than treatment.
- Helps protect other animals: By vaccinating your pet, you are not only protecting them but also preventing the spread of disease to other animals, particularly in places such as dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets can interact with each other.
- Required by law: In some instances, vaccinating your pet may be a legal requirement. Not vaccinating your pet can result in fines or other penalties.
- Long-term protection: Keeping your pet's vaccinations up to date is crucial in providing them with long-term protection against infectious diseases. By doing so, you are helping to keep them healthy and free from potential illnesses.
At Elgar Road Vet, our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are dedicated to developing a customised vaccination plan that ensures safe and effective protection for your pet. We personalise our vaccination protocols to suit the specific requirements and lifestyle of your furry friend, guaranteeing that they receive optimal protection.
It's essential to note that pet and animal vaccinations are regulated differently in each state. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
In addition to vaccinations, we also provide annual health assessments for your pets at Elgar Road Vet. These assessments assist us in monitoring your pet's overall health and well-being, enabling us to identify any potential health issues early on.
We recognise that your pet is a cherished part of your family and we are committed to providing them with superior care. If you have any inquiries about vaccinations or would like to schedule an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Bellfield.