Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Bulleen
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Bulleen and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Our furry friends are as susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases as humans, which can lead to severe illnesses or even death. This is why we encourage starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Vaccinating your pet is vital to keep them healthy and shielded from infectious diseases. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinations are an effective way to shield your pet from severe and often fatal illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Vaccinations can save you from expensive veterinary bills in the long run. Preventing your pet from getting sick is much cheaper than treating a serious illness.
- Helps protect other animals: In addition to protecting your pet, vaccinating them can also prevent the spread of disease to other animals, particularly in locations such as boarding facilities or dog parks where many pets interact with each other.
- Required by law: In some instances, vaccinating your pet may be a legal requirement. Not vaccinating your pet can result in fines or other penalties.
- Long-term protection: Keeping your pet's vaccinations up to date is crucial in providing them with long-term protection against infectious diseases. By doing so, you are helping to keep them healthy and free from potential illnesses.
Elgar Road Vet's team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are devoted to devising a tailored vaccination regimen that offers safe and effective protection for your animal. We customise our vaccination protocols to meet the specific requirements and lifestyle of your pet, ensuring that they receive the highest level of protection.
It's essential to note that pet and animal vaccinations are regulated differently in each state. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
In addition to vaccinations, we also provide annual health assessments for your pets at Elgar Road Vet. These assessments assist us in monitoring your pet's overall health and well-being, enabling us to identify any potential health issues early on.
We understand that your furry friend is an important member of your family and we are dedicated to providing them with exceptional care. If you have any questions about vaccinations or would like to book an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Bulleen.