Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Burwood Heights
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Burwood Heights and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet strongly advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Similar to humans, our furry friends are vulnerable to viral and bacterial infections that can result in severe illnesses or even death. That's why we suggest starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Protecting your pet from infectious diseases is crucial, and vaccinating them is one of the most important things you can do. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinations are crucial in protecting your pet from serious, and sometimes life-threatening illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as parvovirus, distemper, rabies, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Vaccinating your pet can help you save money on expensive vet bills by preventing them from getting sick. Treating a serious illness can be costly, but prevention is more affordable.
- Helps protect other animals: By vaccinating your pet, you are not only protecting them but also preventing the spread of disease to other animals, particularly in places such as dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets can interact with each other.
- Required by law: In certain situations, vaccinating your pet may be mandatory by law. Neglecting to vaccinate your pet may lead to fines or other repercussions.
- Long-term protection: Keeping your pet's vaccinations up to date is crucial in providing them with long-term protection against infectious diseases. By doing so, you are helping to keep them healthy and free from potential illnesses.
At Elgar Road Vet, our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to developing an individualised vaccination plan that delivers safe and effective protection for your pet. We tailor our vaccination protocols to meet your pet's specific needs and lifestyle, ensuring that they receive the highest level of protection possible.
It's worth noting that each state has different laws and regulations when it comes to pet and animal vaccinations. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are for feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
Elgar Road Vet offers yearly health checks for your pets in addition to vaccinations. These check-ups allow us to keep track of your furry friend's overall health and well-being, so we can detect any potential health issues early on.
We recognise that your pet is a cherished part of your family and we are committed to providing them with superior care. If you have any inquiries about vaccinations or would like to schedule an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Burwood Heights.