Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Burwood
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Burwood and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Our furry friends are as susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases as humans, which can lead to severe illnesses or even death. This is why we encourage starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Vaccinating your pet is vital to keep them healthy and shielded from infectious diseases. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Immunising your pet is one of the most important ways to protect them from life-threatening illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Vaccinating your pet can help you save money on expensive vet bills by preventing them from getting sick. Treating a serious illness can be costly, but prevention is more affordable.
- Helps protect other animals: Vaccinating your pet not only safeguards them but also prevents the transmission of disease to other animals, particularly in places like dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets may come in contact with each other.
- Required by law: There are cases where vaccinating your pet may be a legal obligation. Refraining from vaccinating your pet may result in fines or other consequences.
- Long-term protection: Vaccinations offer long-lasting protection against infectious diseases and can keep your pet healthy for years to come. Staying up to date with your pet's vaccinations is essential to maintaining their wellbeing.
At Elgar Road Vet, our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to developing an individualised vaccination plan that delivers safe and effective protection for your pet. We tailor our vaccination protocols to meet your pet's specific needs and lifestyle, ensuring that they receive the highest level of protection possible.
It's essential to note that pet and animal vaccinations are regulated differently in each state. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
Aside from vaccinations, Elgar Road Vet offers yearly health examinations for your pets. These check-ups help us monitor your furry friend's general health and well-being, allowing us to identify any potential health issues early on.
We know that your pet is an essential part of your family and we are committed to providing them with the best possible care. If you have any concerns about vaccinations or would like to arrange an appointment for your pet, please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Burwood.