Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Carnegie
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Carnegie and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet strongly advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Similar to humans, our furry friends are vulnerable to viral and bacterial infections that can result in severe illnesses or even death. That's why we suggest starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Vaccinating your pet is vital to keep them healthy and shielded from infectious diseases. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Immunising your pet is one of the most important ways to protect them from life-threatening illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Investing in your pet's vaccinations can help you avoid costly vet bills in the future. It is much more economical to prevent diseases than to treat them.
- Helps protect other animals: Vaccinating your pet helps not only to protect them but also to prevent the spread of disease to other animals, especially in areas such as dog parks or boarding facilities, where many pets may come into contact with each other.
- Required by law: In certain situations, vaccinating your pet may be mandatory by law. Neglecting to vaccinate your pet may lead to fines or other repercussions.
- Long-term protection: Vaccinations offer long-lasting protection against infectious diseases and can keep your pet healthy for years to come. Staying up to date with your pet's vaccinations is essential to maintaining their wellbeing.
Elgar Road Vet's team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are devoted to devising a tailored vaccination regimen that offers safe and effective protection for your animal. We customise our vaccination protocols to meet the specific requirements and lifestyle of your pet, ensuring that they receive the highest level of protection.
It's essential to note that pet and animal vaccinations are regulated differently in each state. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
At Elgar Road Vet, we provide annual health check-ups for your pets as well as vaccinations. These check-ups help us to monitor your pet's general health and well-being, enabling us to detect any potential health issues early on.
We recognise that your pet is a cherished part of your family and we are committed to providing them with superior care. If you have any inquiries about vaccinations or would like to schedule an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Carnegie.