Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Cotham
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Cotham and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Our furry friends are as susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases as humans, which can lead to severe illnesses or even death. This is why we encourage starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
We believe vaccinating your pet is crucial to their overall health and protecting them from infectious diseases. Here are some of the advantages of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinations are an effective way to shield your pet from severe and often fatal illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Vaccinations can save you from expensive veterinary bills in the long run. Preventing your pet from getting sick is much cheaper than treating a serious illness.
- Helps protect other animals: Vaccinating your pet not only safeguards them but also prevents the transmission of disease to other animals, particularly in places like dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets may come in contact with each other.
- Required by law: Vaccinating your pet may be a legal necessity in some situations. Failure to vaccinate your pet can lead to fines or other legal consequences.
- Long-term protection: Vaccinating your pet is important in providing long-term protection against infectious diseases. By maintaining your pet's vaccination schedule, you are helping to ensure their ongoing health and wellbeing.
Our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses at Elgar Road Vet are committed to creating a personalised vaccination program that provides secure and effective protection for your pet. We tailor our vaccination protocols to meet your pet's specific needs and lifestyle, ensuring that they receive the best possible protection.
Keep in mind that pet and animal vaccinations are regulated differently in each state. The Australian Veterinary Association states that core vaccines for dogs include canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
At Elgar Road Vet, we provide annual health check-ups for your pets as well as vaccinations. These check-ups help us to monitor your pet's general health and well-being, enabling us to detect any potential health issues early on.
We know that your pet is an essential part of your family and we are committed to providing them with the best possible care. If you have any concerns about vaccinations or would like to arrange an appointment for your pet, please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Cotham.