Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Eaglemont
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Eaglemont and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet strongly advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Similar to humans, our furry friends are vulnerable to viral and bacterial infections that can result in severe illnesses or even death. That's why we suggest starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Protecting your pet from infectious diseases is crucial, and vaccinating them is one of the most important things you can do. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinating your pet is an essential step in safeguarding them from severe and potentially fatal illnesses. By immunising your pet, you can prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Vaccinations can save you from expensive veterinary bills in the long run. Preventing your pet from getting sick is much cheaper than treating a serious illness.
- Helps protect other animals: By vaccinating your pet, you are not only protecting them but also preventing the spread of disease to other animals, particularly in places such as dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets can interact with each other.
- Required by law: In certain situations, vaccinating your pet may be mandatory by law. Neglecting to vaccinate your pet may lead to fines or other repercussions.
- Long-term protection: Keeping your pet's vaccinations up to date is crucial in providing them with long-term protection against infectious diseases. By doing so, you are helping to keep them healthy and free from potential illnesses.
Our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses at Elgar Road Vet are committed to creating a personalised vaccination program that provides secure and effective protection for your pet. We tailor our vaccination protocols to meet your pet's specific needs and lifestyle, ensuring that they receive the best possible protection.
It's important to remember that pet and animal vaccinations are subject to different laws and regulations in each state. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus. For cats, they are for feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
At Elgar Road Vet, we provide annual health check-ups for your pets as well as vaccinations. These check-ups help us to monitor your pet's general health and well-being, enabling us to detect any potential health issues early on.
We know that your pet is an essential part of your family and we are committed to providing them with the best possible care. If you have any concerns about vaccinations or would like to arrange an appointment for your pet, please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Eaglemont.