Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Hartwell
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Hartwell and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet highly recommends vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Just like humans, our furry friends are susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases that can cause severe illnesses or even death. That's why we suggest beginning protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Vaccinating your pet is vital to keep them healthy and shielded from infectious diseases. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Immunising your pet is one of the most important ways to protect them from life-threatening illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: By vaccinating your pet, you can avoid expensive veterinary costs in the future. Prevention is always more cost-effective than treatment.
- Helps protect other animals: Vaccinating your pet helps not only to protect them but also to prevent the spread of disease to other animals, especially in areas such as dog parks or boarding facilities, where many pets may come into contact with each other.
- Required by law: There are cases where vaccinating your pet may be a legal obligation. Refraining from vaccinating your pet may result in fines or other consequences.
- Long-term protection: Vaccinating your pet is important in providing long-term protection against infectious diseases. By maintaining your pet's vaccination schedule, you are helping to ensure their ongoing health and wellbeing.
Elgar Road Vet's team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are devoted to devising a tailored vaccination regimen that offers safe and effective protection for your animal. We customise our vaccination protocols to meet the specific requirements and lifestyle of your pet, ensuring that they receive the highest level of protection.
It's important to remember that pet and animal vaccinations are subject to different laws and regulations in each state. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus. For cats, they are for feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
At Elgar Road Vet, we provide annual health check-ups for your pets as well as vaccinations. These check-ups help us to monitor your pet's general health and well-being, enabling us to detect any potential health issues early on.
We recognise that your pet is a cherished part of your family and we are committed to providing them with superior care. If you have any inquiries about vaccinations or would like to schedule an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Hartwell.