Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Houston
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Houston and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet strongly advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Similar to humans, our furry friends are vulnerable to viral and bacterial infections that can result in severe illnesses or even death. That's why we suggest starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Vaccinating your pet is crucial to keeping them healthy and safeguarded from infectious diseases. Here are some advantages of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinations are an effective way to shield your pet from severe and often fatal illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Investing in your pet's vaccinations can help you avoid costly vet bills in the future. It is much more economical to prevent diseases than to treat them.
- Helps protect other animals: By vaccinating your pet, you are not only protecting them but also preventing the spread of disease to other animals, particularly in places such as dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets can interact with each other.
- Required by law: There are cases where vaccinating your pet may be a legal obligation. Refraining from vaccinating your pet may result in fines or other consequences.
- Long-term protection: Keeping your pet's vaccinations up to date is crucial in providing them with long-term protection against infectious diseases. By doing so, you are helping to keep them healthy and free from potential illnesses.
Elgar Road Vet's team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are devoted to devising a tailored vaccination regimen that offers safe and effective protection for your animal. We customise our vaccination protocols to meet the specific requirements and lifestyle of your pet, ensuring that they receive the highest level of protection.
Keep in mind that pet and animal vaccinations are regulated differently in each state. The Australian Veterinary Association states that core vaccines for dogs include canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
In addition to vaccinations, we also provide annual health assessments for your pets at Elgar Road Vet. These assessments assist us in monitoring your pet's overall health and well-being, enabling us to identify any potential health issues early on.
We understand that your pet is an important part of your family and we are committed to providing them with top-notch care. If you have any questions about vaccinations or would like to schedule an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Houston.