Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Laburnum
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Laburnum and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Our furry friends are as susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases as humans, which can lead to severe illnesses or even death. This is why we encourage starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Protecting your pet from infectious diseases is crucial, and vaccinating them is one of the most important things you can do. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinations are crucial in protecting your pet from serious, and sometimes life-threatening illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as parvovirus, distemper, rabies, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Vaccinating your pet can help you save money on expensive vet bills by preventing them from getting sick. Treating a serious illness can be costly, but prevention is more affordable.
- Helps protect other animals: In addition to protecting your pet, vaccinating them can also prevent the spread of disease to other animals, particularly in locations such as boarding facilities or dog parks where many pets interact with each other.
- Required by law: In some instances, vaccinating your pet may be a legal requirement. Not vaccinating your pet can result in fines or other penalties.
- Long-term protection: Vaccinating your pet is important in providing long-term protection against infectious diseases. By maintaining your pet's vaccination schedule, you are helping to ensure their ongoing health and wellbeing.
Elgar Road Vet's team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are devoted to devising a tailored vaccination regimen that offers safe and effective protection for your animal. We customise our vaccination protocols to meet the specific requirements and lifestyle of your pet, ensuring that they receive the highest level of protection.
It's important to remember that pet and animal vaccinations are subject to different laws and regulations in each state. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus. For cats, they are for feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
Elgar Road Vet offers yearly health checks for your pets in addition to vaccinations. These check-ups allow us to keep track of your furry friend's overall health and well-being, so we can detect any potential health issues early on.
We understand that your pet is an important part of your family and we are committed to providing them with top-notch care. If you have any questions about vaccinations or would like to schedule an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Laburnum.