Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Malvern East
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Malvern East and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Our furry friends are as susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases as humans, which can lead to severe illnesses or even death. This is why we encourage starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Protecting your pet from infectious diseases is crucial, and vaccinating them is one of the most important things you can do. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Immunising your pet is one of the most important ways to protect them from life-threatening illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: By vaccinating your pet, you can avoid expensive veterinary costs in the future. Prevention is always more cost-effective than treatment.
- Helps protect other animals: By vaccinating your pet, you are not only protecting them but also preventing the spread of disease to other animals, particularly in places such as dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets can interact with each other.
- Required by law: In some instances, vaccinating your pet may be a legal requirement. Not vaccinating your pet can result in fines or other penalties.
- Long-term protection: Vaccinations offer long-lasting protection against infectious diseases and can keep your pet healthy for years to come. Staying up to date with your pet's vaccinations is essential to maintaining their wellbeing.
At Elgar Road Vet, our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are dedicated to developing a customised vaccination plan that ensures safe and effective protection for your pet. We personalise our vaccination protocols to suit the specific requirements and lifestyle of your furry friend, guaranteeing that they receive optimal protection.
Keep in mind that pet and animal vaccinations are regulated differently in each state. The Australian Veterinary Association states that core vaccines for dogs include canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
At Elgar Road Vet, we provide annual health check-ups for your pets as well as vaccinations. These check-ups help us to monitor your pet's general health and well-being, enabling us to detect any potential health issues early on.
We understand that your furry friend is an important member of your family and we are dedicated to providing them with exceptional care. If you have any questions about vaccinations or would like to book an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Malvern East.