Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Malvern North
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Malvern North and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet strongly advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Similar to humans, our furry friends are vulnerable to viral and bacterial infections that can result in severe illnesses or even death. That's why we suggest starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Protecting your pet from infectious diseases is crucial, and vaccinating them is one of the most important things you can do. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinations are an effective way to shield your pet from severe and often fatal illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Vaccinations can save you from expensive veterinary bills in the long run. Preventing your pet from getting sick is much cheaper than treating a serious illness.
- Helps protect other animals: By vaccinating your pet, you are not only protecting them but also preventing the spread of disease to other animals, particularly in places such as dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets can interact with each other.
- Required by law: Vaccinating your pet may be a legal necessity in some situations. Failure to vaccinate your pet can lead to fines or other legal consequences.
- Long-term protection: By vaccinating your pet, you are providing them with long-term protection against infectious diseases, helping them stay healthy for years to come. It is crucial to keep up with your pet's vaccinations to ensure their ongoing health.
At Elgar Road Vet, our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to developing an individualised vaccination plan that delivers safe and effective protection for your pet. We tailor our vaccination protocols to meet your pet's specific needs and lifestyle, ensuring that they receive the highest level of protection possible.
It's essential to note that pet and animal vaccinations are regulated differently in each state. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
At Elgar Road Vet, we provide annual health check-ups for your pets as well as vaccinations. These check-ups help us to monitor your pet's general health and well-being, enabling us to detect any potential health issues early on.
We understand that your furry friend is an important member of your family and we are dedicated to providing them with exceptional care. If you have any questions about vaccinations or would like to book an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Malvern North.