Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Mont Albert North
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Mont Albert North and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet highly recommends vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Just like humans, our furry friends are susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases that can cause severe illnesses or even death. That's why we suggest beginning protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Vaccinating your pet is vital to keep them healthy and shielded from infectious diseases. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Immunising your pet is one of the most important ways to protect them from life-threatening illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: By vaccinating your pet, you can avoid expensive veterinary costs in the future. Prevention is always more cost-effective than treatment.
- Helps protect other animals: Vaccinating your pet not only safeguards them but also prevents the transmission of disease to other animals, particularly in places like dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets may come in contact with each other.
- Required by law: Vaccinating your pet may be a legal necessity in some situations. Failure to vaccinate your pet can lead to fines or other legal consequences.
- Long-term protection: Keeping your pet's vaccinations up to date is crucial in providing them with long-term protection against infectious diseases. By doing so, you are helping to keep them healthy and free from potential illnesses.
At Elgar Road Vet, our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to developing an individualised vaccination plan that delivers safe and effective protection for your pet. We tailor our vaccination protocols to meet your pet's specific needs and lifestyle, ensuring that they receive the highest level of protection possible.
It's worth noting that each state has different laws and regulations when it comes to pet and animal vaccinations. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are for feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
Elgar Road Vet offers yearly health checks for your pets in addition to vaccinations. These check-ups allow us to keep track of your furry friend's overall health and well-being, so we can detect any potential health issues early on.
We know that your pet is an essential part of your family and we are committed to providing them with the best possible care. If you have any concerns about vaccinations or would like to arrange an appointment for your pet, please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Mont Albert North.