Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Pinewood
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Pinewood and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet highly recommends vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Just like humans, our furry friends are susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases that can cause severe illnesses or even death. That's why we suggest beginning protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Protecting your pet from infectious diseases is crucial, and vaccinating them is one of the most important things you can do. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinations are an effective way to shield your pet from severe and often fatal illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Vaccinations can save you from expensive veterinary bills in the long run. Preventing your pet from getting sick is much cheaper than treating a serious illness.
- Helps protect other animals: By vaccinating your pet, you are not only protecting them but also preventing the spread of disease to other animals, particularly in places such as dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets can interact with each other.
- Required by law: In some instances, vaccinating your pet may be a legal requirement. Not vaccinating your pet can result in fines or other penalties.
- Long-term protection: Vaccinations offer long-lasting protection against infectious diseases and can keep your pet healthy for years to come. Staying up to date with your pet's vaccinations is essential to maintaining their wellbeing.
At Elgar Road Vet, our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to developing an individualised vaccination plan that delivers safe and effective protection for your pet. We tailor our vaccination protocols to meet your pet's specific needs and lifestyle, ensuring that they receive the highest level of protection possible.
It's important to remember that pet and animal vaccinations are subject to different laws and regulations in each state. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus. For cats, they are for feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
Elgar Road Vet offers yearly health checks for your pets in addition to vaccinations. These check-ups allow us to keep track of your furry friend's overall health and well-being, so we can detect any potential health issues early on.
We understand that your furry friend is an important member of your family and we are dedicated to providing them with exceptional care. If you have any questions about vaccinations or would like to book an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Pinewood.