Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Surrey Hills South
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Surrey Hills South and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet advises vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Our furry friends are as susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases as humans, which can lead to severe illnesses or even death. This is why we encourage starting protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Protecting your pet from infectious diseases is crucial, and vaccinating them is one of the most important things you can do. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinating your pet is an essential step in safeguarding them from severe and potentially fatal illnesses. By immunising your pet, you can prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: By vaccinating your pet, you can avoid expensive veterinary costs in the future. Prevention is always more cost-effective than treatment.
- Helps protect other animals: Vaccinating your pet not only safeguards them but also prevents the transmission of disease to other animals, particularly in places like dog parks or boarding facilities where multiple pets may come in contact with each other.
- Required by law: There are cases where vaccinating your pet may be a legal obligation. Refraining from vaccinating your pet may result in fines or other consequences.
- Long-term protection: Vaccinations offer long-lasting protection against infectious diseases and can keep your pet healthy for years to come. Staying up to date with your pet's vaccinations is essential to maintaining their wellbeing.
Our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses at Elgar Road Vet are committed to creating a personalised vaccination program that provides secure and effective protection for your pet. We tailor our vaccination protocols to meet your pet's specific needs and lifestyle, ensuring that they receive the best possible protection.
It's worth noting that each state has different laws and regulations when it comes to pet and animal vaccinations. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus, while for cats they are for feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
Aside from vaccinations, Elgar Road Vet offers yearly health examinations for your pets. These check-ups help us monitor your furry friend's general health and well-being, allowing us to identify any potential health issues early on.
We recognise that your pet is a cherished part of your family and we are committed to providing them with superior care. If you have any inquiries about vaccinations or would like to schedule an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Surrey Hills South.