Vaccinations for Dogs & Cats Wattle Park
Our team of experienced Veterinarians provide vaccines for dogs, cats & rabbits in Wattle Park and surrounding areas.
Elgar Road Vet highly recommends vaccinating all pet cats, dogs, and rabbits against preventable infectious diseases. Just like humans, our furry friends are susceptible to viral and bacterial diseases that can cause severe illnesses or even death. That's why we suggest beginning protection against potential threats early in life, during their kitten and puppy stages, and continuing to supplement with immunisation boosters as they grow.
Vaccinating your pet is vital to keep them healthy and shielded from infectious diseases. Here are some benefits of vaccinating your pet:
- Prevents serious illnesses: Vaccinations are an effective way to shield your pet from severe and often fatal illnesses. By vaccinating your pet, you can help prevent diseases such as rabies, parvovirus, distemper, and more.
- Saves money on vet bills: Vaccinating your pet can help you save money on expensive vet bills by preventing them from getting sick. Treating a serious illness can be costly, but prevention is more affordable.
- Helps protect other animals: Vaccinating your pet helps not only to protect them but also to prevent the spread of disease to other animals, especially in areas such as dog parks or boarding facilities, where many pets may come into contact with each other.
- Required by law: Vaccinating your pet may be a legal necessity in some situations. Failure to vaccinate your pet can lead to fines or other legal consequences.
- Long-term protection: Vaccinating your pet is important in providing long-term protection against infectious diseases. By maintaining your pet's vaccination schedule, you are helping to ensure their ongoing health and wellbeing.
At Elgar Road Vet, our team of experienced veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are dedicated to developing a customised vaccination plan that ensures safe and effective protection for your pet. We personalise our vaccination protocols to suit the specific requirements and lifestyle of your furry friend, guaranteeing that they receive optimal protection.
It's important to remember that pet and animal vaccinations are subject to different laws and regulations in each state. According to the Australian Veterinary Association, core vaccines for dogs are for canine distemper virus, canine adenovirus, and canine parvovirus. For cats, they are for feline parvovirus, feline calicivirus, and feline herpes virus.
At Elgar Road Vet, we provide annual health check-ups for your pets as well as vaccinations. These check-ups help us to monitor your pet's general health and well-being, enabling us to detect any potential health issues early on.
We understand that your pet is an important part of your family and we are committed to providing them with top-notch care. If you have any questions about vaccinations or would like to schedule an appointment for your pet, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Please contact or call us (03) 9899 9518 if you would like further information about our animal vaccination options near Wattle Park.