Vet Middle Camberwell | Veterinarian | Elgar Rd Vet Clinic
Vet Clinic in Middle Camberwell, 3124
Elgar Road Vet proudly offers friendly and expert veterinary services to the local Middle Camberwell and surrounding communities. As a small animal clinic & hospital our Middle Camberwell vets pride ourselves in offering an exceptional animal care, with a knowledgeable & committed team of veterinarians & a dynamic team of veterinary nurses.
Operating since the early 1970’s the vets at Elgar Road Vet provide a service that is both professional and caring. We provide care for your furry friends that is the very best available, you can trust that when you bring your pets to our team he or she is in very capable hands. Offering the very best care for your furry friends is something we pride ourselves on; after all they are a part of your family!
Whether it is your pet bird, cat, dog or rabbit we are able to see them all, we aim to make them feel at ease in our clinic with fully equipped examination rooms and diagnostic machines.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Here at Elgar Road Vet Hospital we pride ourselves on providing optimal care to our patients, before, during and after their surgical procedure. We do this by offering :-
- Pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess the function of the kidneys and liver as well as assessing levels of proteins, red cells, white cells, platelets and electrolyte All of these are important in ensure a safe anaesthetic and smooth recovery
- Intra-venous fluids throughout anaesthesia. Intravenous fluids help to keep blood pressure stable, because no matter how healthy and fit your animal is, their blood pressure can vary greatly due to the effect of the anaesthetic
- Monitoring equipment to measure blood pressure, allowing us to respond to changes in blood pressure as soon as they occur.
- Monitoring equipment which measures oxygen saturation, respiratory and heart rate
- Monitoring surgery sheets which track all parametres carefully along with all drugs administered.
- Special attention to strict sterility routines
- Ensuring adequate pain relief
- Heating the surgical tables and recovery cages
- High safety level anaesthetic agents used
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital we understand how hard it is to leave a love one in the hands of someone else. It is our goal to give your pet the best of care during their stay in our surgery and by doing that put your mind at ease.