Vet Clinic near Alphington
Looking for friendly and expert veterinary services in Alphington and surrounding areas? Look no further than Elgar Road Vet! Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who provide exceptional animal care.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that your furry friends deserve the very best care. That's why our team of professional and caring vets have been providing exceptional veterinary services since the early 1970s. When you bring your pets to us, you can trust that they will be treated like a part of our family.
Bring your pet bird, cat, dog, or rabbit to Elgar Road Vet for exceptional veterinary care. Our fully equipped clinic features examination rooms and diagnostic machines to ensure that your pets receive the best possible care. We also strive to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for your furry and feathered friends.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Our team at Elgar Road Vet Hospital is dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients at every stage of their surgical procedure, from pre-surgical testing to post-surgical recovery.
- We take pre-anaesthetic blood testing seriously. We know that it is an essential step in ensuring a safe and smooth surgical experience for your pet. Our team of experienced veterinarians conducts thorough blood tests to assess kidney and liver function, as well as levels of essential proteins, red and white blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information provides us with a comprehensive understanding of your pet's overall health and helps us to tailor an appropriate anesthetic plan that meets their individual needs.
- During anesthesia, administering intravenous (IV) fluids to your pet is crucial as it helps regulate their blood pressure. It's common for blood pressure to fluctuate during surgery, even for healthy pets, due to the anesthetic's effects. The fluids also aid in keeping your pet hydrated and ensuring their body's systems are working optimally.
- Our team takes a thorough approach to the selection of a high safety level anesthetic, ensuring that each pet's medical history and individual requirements are considered.
- Monitoring your pet's blood pressure during surgery is a critical component of our surgical approach. Our team uses specialised equipment to measure blood pressure continuously, enabling us to take swift action in response to any changes and ensuring a safe and successful surgery.
- In addition to monitoring blood pressure, we measure your pet’s oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate. This allows us to make necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a safe and successful surgery.
- During your pet's surgery, our team pays attention to every detail, keeping accurate records of all parameters and drugs used. This ensures that your pet is receiving the appropriate level of care, and their recovery is progressing smoothly.
- During surgery, maintaining sterility is critical to prevent the risk of infection. Our veterinary team takes exceptional care to uphold strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- We take your pet's comfort seriously and make it our top priority during and after surgery. Our team uses different pain management techniques, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet is as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- We understand that comfort plays a significant role in your pet's recovery. We take extra steps to ensure that your pet is comfortable during and after surgery, including heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to maintain a comfortable body temperature.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we acknowledge that it can be difficult to leave your pet with someone else. Our priority is to give your pet the best possible care during their stay in our surgery, allowing you to rest assured that they are in good hands.