Vet Clinic near Ashwood
Trust Elgar Road Vet for all your veterinary needs in Ashwood and surrounding areas. Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who pride themselves on providing exceptional animal care to the local Ashwood community.
Operating since the early 1970’s the vets at Elgar Road Vet provide a service that is both professional and caring. We provide care for your furry friends that is the very best available, you can trust that when you bring your pets to our team he or she is in very capable hands. Offering the very best care for your furry friends is something we pride ourselves on; after all they are a part of your family!
Bring your pet bird, cat, dog, or rabbit to Elgar Road Vet for exceptional veterinary care. Our fully equipped clinic features examination rooms and diagnostic machines to ensure that your pets receive the best possible care. We also strive to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for your furry and feathered friends.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
We take pride in the high-quality care we provide to our patients here at Elgar Road Vet Hospital, before, during, and after their surgical procedures.
- Before any surgical procedure, we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess your pet's overall health and function of their kidneys and liver. These tests help us to determine the appropriate anesthetic and pain management protocols for your pet and are critical to ensuring a safe and successful surgical experience.
- Intravenous (IV) fluids are administered throughout anesthesia to help stabilise your pet's blood pressure. Even healthy and fit animals can experience fluctuations in blood pressure during surgery due to the effects of the anesthetic. IV fluids also help to ensure that your pet is well-hydrated and their body's systems are functioning properly.
- Our team takes a thorough approach to the selection of a high safety level anesthetic, ensuring that each pet's medical history and individual requirements are considered.
- We use monitoring equipment during surgery to continuously measure your pet's blood pressure. This allows us to quickly respond to any changes in blood pressure that may occur, helping to ensure a safe and successful surgery.
- In addition to monitoring blood pressure, we also use specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate during surgery. This allows us to closely monitor your pet's vital signs and make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment.
- We take great care to monitor all aspects of your pet's surgery, including maintaining detailed records of all parameters and drugs administered. This ensures that your pet receives the appropriate level of care and that their recovery is proceeding as expected.
- Sterility is crucial during surgery to prevent the risk of infection. We take special care to maintain strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, including using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Our clinic prioritises the comfort and pain management of your pet during and after surgery. We utilise various strategies, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet remains as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- We take extra measures to ensure that your pet is comfortable during their surgery and recovery, including heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to help maintain a comfortable body temperature.
We understand that leaving your pet with someone else can be stressful. At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we strive to provide excellent care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, putting your mind at ease.