Vet Clinic near Auburn South
Trust Elgar Road Vet for all your veterinary needs in Auburn South and surrounding areas. Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who pride themselves on providing exceptional animal care to the local Auburn South community.
Operating since the early 1970’s the vets at Elgar Road Vet provide a service that is both professional and caring. We provide care for your furry friends that is the very best available, you can trust that when you bring your pets to our team he or she is in very capable hands. Offering the very best care for your furry friends is something we pride ourselves on; after all they are a part of your family!
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that every pet deserves the best care possible. That's why we provide services for a range of pets, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines, and our team works hard to make your pets feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Providing optimal care to our patients before, during, and after their surgical procedure is a top priority for us here at Elgar Road Vet Hospital.
- Before any surgical procedure, we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess your pet's overall health and function of their kidneys and liver. These tests help us to determine the appropriate anesthetic and pain management protocols for your pet and are critical to ensuring a safe and successful surgical experience.
- Intravenous (IV) fluids are administered throughout anesthesia to help stabilise your pet's blood pressure. Even healthy and fit animals can experience fluctuations in blood pressure during surgery due to the effects of the anesthetic. IV fluids also help to ensure that your pet is well-hydrated and their body's systems are functioning properly.
- We prioritise safety during surgeries by administering high safety level anaesthetic agents. We take the time to carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for each pet based on their individual needs and medical history to ensure a successful outcome.
- We use monitoring equipment during surgery to continuously measure your pet's blood pressure. This allows us to quickly respond to any changes in blood pressure that may occur, helping to ensure a safe and successful surgery.
- During surgery, we utilise specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate in addition to monitoring their blood pressure. This close monitoring enables us to make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a successful surgery.
- Our team carefully monitors all aspects of your pet's surgery, including keeping detailed records of all parameters and drugs administered. This helps us to ensure that your pet is receiving the appropriate level of care and that their recovery is progressing as it should.
- We understand that sterility is vital during surgery to avoid the possibility of infection. Our veterinary team takes rigorous precautions to maintain strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, including using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Ensuring that your pet is comfortable and pain-free during and after surgery is a top priority for us. We use a variety of pain management strategies, including the use of pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet is as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- We employ additional measures to maintain your pet’s comfort after surgery, such as heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to ensure a comfortable body temperature throughout their recovery.
We understand that leaving your pet with someone else can be stressful. At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we strive to provide excellent care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, putting your mind at ease.