Vet Clinic near Box Hill South
Looking for friendly and expert veterinary services in Box Hill South and surrounding areas? Look no further than Elgar Road Vet! Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who provide exceptional animal care.
Trust the professional and caring team at Elgar Road Vet to provide the very best care for your furry friends. Since the early 1970s, our vets have been dedicated to offering exceptional veterinary services to the local community. Your pets are in very capable hands with our team.
At Elgar Road Vet, we can provide care for all your furry and feathered friends, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines to ensure that your pets receive the best care possible. We also strive to make them feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Our team at Elgar Road Vet Hospital is dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients at every stage of their surgical procedure, from pre-surgical testing to post-surgical recovery.
- We take pre-anaesthetic blood testing seriously. We know that it is an essential step in ensuring a safe and smooth surgical experience for your pet. Our team of experienced veterinarians conducts thorough blood tests to assess kidney and liver function, as well as levels of essential proteins, red and white blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information provides us with a comprehensive understanding of your pet's overall health and helps us to tailor an appropriate anesthetic plan that meets their individual needs.
- During anesthesia, administering intravenous (IV) fluids to your pet is crucial as it helps regulate their blood pressure. It's common for blood pressure to fluctuate during surgery, even for healthy pets, due to the anesthetic's effects. The fluids also aid in keeping your pet hydrated and ensuring their body's systems are working optimally.
- We prioritise safety during surgeries by administering high safety level anaesthetic agents. We take the time to carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for each pet based on their individual needs and medical history to ensure a successful outcome.
- Monitoring your pet's blood pressure during surgery is a critical component of our surgical approach. Our team uses specialised equipment to measure blood pressure continuously, enabling us to take swift action in response to any changes and ensuring a safe and successful surgery.
- During surgery, we utilise specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate in addition to monitoring their blood pressure. This close monitoring enables us to make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a successful surgery.
- During your pet's surgery, our team pays attention to every detail, keeping accurate records of all parameters and drugs used. This ensures that your pet is receiving the appropriate level of care, and their recovery is progressing smoothly.
- Sterility is crucial during surgery to prevent the risk of infection. We take special care to maintain strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, including using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Ensuring that your pet is comfortable and pain-free during and after surgery is a top priority for us. We use a variety of pain management strategies, including the use of pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet is as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- We employ additional measures to maintain your pet’s comfort after surgery, such as heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to ensure a comfortable body temperature throughout their recovery.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital we understand how hard it is to leave a loved one in the hands of someone else. It is our goal to give your pet the best of care during their stay in our surgery and by doing that put your mind at ease.