Vet Clinic near Burnley
Elgar Road Vet proudly offers friendly and expert veterinary services to the local Burnley and surrounding communities. As a small animal clinic & hospital our Burnley vets pride ourselves in offering an exceptional animal care, with a knowledgeable & committed team of veterinarians & a dynamic team of veterinary nurses.
Operating since the early 1970’s the vets at Elgar Road Vet provide a service that is both professional and caring. We provide care for your furry friends that is the very best available, you can trust that when you bring your pets to our team he or she is in very capable hands. Offering the very best care for your furry friends is something we pride ourselves on; after all they are a part of your family!
Bring your pet bird, cat, dog, or rabbit to Elgar Road Vet for exceptional veterinary care. Our fully equipped clinic features examination rooms and diagnostic machines to ensure that your pets receive the best possible care. We also strive to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for your furry and feathered friends.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Our team at Elgar Road Vet Hospital is dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients at every stage of their surgical procedure, from pre-surgical testing to post-surgical recovery.
- We know that every pet is unique and requires an individualised approach to anesthesia. That's why we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess the function of your pet's kidneys and liver, and levels of important proteins, blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information is crucial to ensuring a safe and smooth anesthetic and post-operative recovery.
- Intravenous (IV) fluids are administered throughout anesthesia to help stabilise your pet's blood pressure. Even healthy and fit animals can experience fluctuations in blood pressure during surgery due to the effects of the anesthetic. IV fluids also help to ensure that your pet is well-hydrated and their body's systems are functioning properly.
- We use high safety level anaesthetic agents to help ensure a safe and successful surgery. We carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for your pet based on their individual needs and medical history.
- We use monitoring equipment during surgery to continuously measure your pet's blood pressure. This allows us to quickly respond to any changes in blood pressure that may occur, helping to ensure a safe and successful surgery.
- In addition to monitoring blood pressure, we also use specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate during surgery. This allows us to closely monitor your pet's vital signs and make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment.
- During your pet's surgery, our team pays attention to every detail, keeping accurate records of all parameters and drugs used. This ensures that your pet is receiving the appropriate level of care, and their recovery is progressing smoothly.
- We understand that sterility is vital during surgery to avoid the possibility of infection. Our veterinary team takes rigorous precautions to maintain strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, including using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- We take your pet's comfort seriously and make it our top priority during and after surgery. Our team uses different pain management techniques, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet is as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- Maintaining your pet's comfort during and after surgery is important to us. We use special measures, such as heating the surgical tables and recovery cages, to help keep your pet's body temperature comfortable throughout their recovery.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we recognise the difficulty of entrusting your pet to someone else's care. Our goal is to provide the best possible care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, giving you peace of mind.