Vet Clinic near Central Park
Looking for friendly and expert veterinary services in Central Park and surrounding areas? Look no further than Elgar Road Vet! Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who provide exceptional animal care.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that your furry friends deserve the very best care. That's why our team of professional and caring vets have been providing exceptional veterinary services since the early 1970s. When you bring your pets to us, you can trust that they will be treated like a part of our family.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that every pet deserves the best care possible. That's why we provide services for a range of pets, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines, and our team works hard to make your pets feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we pride ourselves on providing optimal care to our patients, before, during and after their surgical procedure.
- We take pre-anaesthetic blood testing seriously. We know that it is an essential step in ensuring a safe and smooth surgical experience for your pet. Our team of experienced veterinarians conducts thorough blood tests to assess kidney and liver function, as well as levels of essential proteins, red and white blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information provides us with a comprehensive understanding of your pet's overall health and helps us to tailor an appropriate anesthetic plan that meets their individual needs.
- Ensuring that your pet's blood pressure remains stable during anesthesia is critical, and intravenous (IV) fluids can help with this. Surgery can cause blood pressure fluctuations, even in healthy animals, due to anesthesia's impact. Administering IV fluids can assist in maintaining proper hydration levels and ensuring that your pet's body functions correctly.
- We use high safety level anaesthetic agents to help ensure a safe and successful surgery. We carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for your pet based on their individual needs and medical history.
- Ensuring a safe and successful surgery for your pet is our top priority, and we achieve this by utilising monitoring equipment to measure their blood pressure continuously. Any changes in blood pressure are detected and addressed promptly to avoid any complications.
- During surgery, we utilise specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate in addition to monitoring their blood pressure. This close monitoring enables us to make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a successful surgery.
- During your pet's surgery, our team pays attention to every detail, keeping accurate records of all parameters and drugs used. This ensures that your pet is receiving the appropriate level of care, and their recovery is progressing smoothly.
- During surgery, maintaining sterility is critical to prevent the risk of infection. Our veterinary team takes exceptional care to uphold strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Ensuring that your pet is comfortable and pain-free during and after surgery is a top priority for us. We use a variety of pain management strategies, including the use of pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet is as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- Maintaining your pet's comfort during and after surgery is important to us. We use special measures, such as heating the surgical tables and recovery cages, to help keep your pet's body temperature comfortable throughout their recovery.
We understand that leaving your pet with someone else can be stressful. At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we strive to provide excellent care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, putting your mind at ease.