Vet Clinic near Chadstone
Looking for friendly and expert veterinary services in Chadstone and surrounding areas? Look no further than Elgar Road Vet! Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who provide exceptional animal care.
Trust the professional and caring team at Elgar Road Vet to provide the very best care for your furry friends. Since the early 1970s, our vets have been dedicated to offering exceptional veterinary services to the local community. Your pets are in very capable hands with our team.
At Elgar Road Vet, we can provide care for all your furry and feathered friends, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines to ensure that your pets receive the best care possible. We also strive to make them feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we pride ourselves on providing optimal care to our patients, before, during and after their surgical procedure.
- We know that every pet is unique and requires an individualised approach to anesthesia. That's why we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess the function of your pet's kidneys and liver, and levels of important proteins, blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information is crucial to ensuring a safe and smooth anesthetic and post-operative recovery.
- During anesthesia, administering intravenous (IV) fluids to your pet is crucial as it helps regulate their blood pressure. It's common for blood pressure to fluctuate during surgery, even for healthy pets, due to the anesthetic's effects. The fluids also aid in keeping your pet hydrated and ensuring their body's systems are working optimally.
- We use high safety level anaesthetic agents to prioritise the safety and well-being of pets during surgeries. We take a personalised approach to the selection of anesthetic, considering each pet's medical history and individual requirements.
- To guarantee the safety and success of your pet's surgery, we use monitoring equipment to measure their blood pressure continuously. This enables us to quickly detect any fluctuations in blood pressure and take the necessary steps to address them.
- In addition to monitoring blood pressure, we also use specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate during surgery. This allows us to closely monitor your pet's vital signs and make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment.
- We take great care to monitor all aspects of your pet's surgery, including maintaining detailed records of all parameters and drugs administered. This ensures that your pet receives the appropriate level of care and that their recovery is proceeding as expected.
- To prevent the risk of infection during surgery, maintaining sterility is crucial. Our veterinary team employs stringent sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- We take your pet's comfort seriously and make it our top priority during and after surgery. Our team uses different pain management techniques, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet is as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- We take extra measures to ensure that your pet is comfortable during their surgery and recovery, including heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to help maintain a comfortable body temperature.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital we understand how hard it is to leave a loved one in the hands of someone else. It is our goal to give your pet the best of care during their stay in our surgery and by doing that put your mind at ease.