Vet Clinic near Cotham
Trust Elgar Road Vet for all your veterinary needs in Cotham and surrounding areas. Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who pride themselves on providing exceptional animal care to the local Cotham community.
Trust the professional and caring team at Elgar Road Vet to provide the very best care for your furry friends. Since the early 1970s, our vets have been dedicated to offering exceptional veterinary services to the local community. Your pets are in very capable hands with our team.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that every pet deserves the best care possible. That's why we provide services for a range of pets, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines, and our team works hard to make your pets feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Our team at Elgar Road Vet Hospital is dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients at every stage of their surgical procedure, from pre-surgical testing to post-surgical recovery.
- Pre-anaesthetic blood testing is a critical component of every surgical procedure at Elgar Road Vet. Our veterinary team carefully assesses the function of your pet's kidneys and liver, as well as important proteins, blood cells, and electrolytes levels. These tests are essential for ensuring a safe and successful anesthetic and smooth post-operative recovery.
- Throughout anesthesia, your pet's blood pressure needs to be stabilised, and IV fluids can assist in this. The effects of anesthesia can cause fluctuations in blood pressure, even in healthy and fit animals. IV fluids help to maintain hydration levels, promoting optimal bodily function and health.
- We prioritise safety during surgeries by administering high safety level anaesthetic agents. We take the time to carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for each pet based on their individual needs and medical history to ensure a successful outcome.
- We use monitoring equipment during surgery to continuously measure your pet's blood pressure. This allows us to quickly respond to any changes in blood pressure that may occur, helping to ensure a safe and successful surgery.
- In addition to monitoring blood pressure, we also use specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate during surgery. This allows us to closely monitor your pet's vital signs and make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment.
- During your pet's surgery, our team pays attention to every detail, keeping accurate records of all parameters and drugs used. This ensures that your pet is receiving the appropriate level of care, and their recovery is progressing smoothly.
- To prevent the risk of infection during surgery, maintaining sterility is crucial. Our veterinary team employs stringent sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Our clinic prioritises the comfort and pain management of your pet during and after surgery. We utilise various strategies, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet remains as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- Maintaining your pet's comfort during and after surgery is important to us. We use special measures, such as heating the surgical tables and recovery cages, to help keep your pet's body temperature comfortable throughout their recovery.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we recognise the difficulty of entrusting your pet to someone else's care. Our goal is to provide the best possible care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, giving you peace of mind.