Vet Clinic near Glen Iris
Trust Elgar Road Vet for all your veterinary needs in Glen Iris and surrounding areas. Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who pride themselves on providing exceptional animal care to the local Glen Iris community.
Since the early 1970s, Elgar Road Vet has been providing professional and caring veterinary services. We pride ourselves on offering the very best care for your furry friends and treating them like a part of our family. You can trust that your pets are in very capable hands when you bring them to our vet team.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that every pet deserves the best care possible. That's why we provide services for a range of pets, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines, and our team works hard to make your pets feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we pride ourselves on providing optimal care to our patients, before, during and after their surgical procedure.
- We know that every pet is unique and requires an individualised approach to anesthesia. That's why we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess the function of your pet's kidneys and liver, and levels of important proteins, blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information is crucial to ensuring a safe and smooth anesthetic and post-operative recovery.
- Throughout anesthesia, your pet's blood pressure needs to be stabilised, and IV fluids can assist in this. The effects of anesthesia can cause fluctuations in blood pressure, even in healthy and fit animals. IV fluids help to maintain hydration levels, promoting optimal bodily function and health.
- We prioritise safety during surgeries by administering high safety level anaesthetic agents. We take the time to carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for each pet based on their individual needs and medical history to ensure a successful outcome.
- Ensuring a safe and successful surgery for your pet is our top priority, and we achieve this by utilising monitoring equipment to measure their blood pressure continuously. Any changes in blood pressure are detected and addressed promptly to avoid any complications.
- Our surgical team employs specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate, in addition to blood pressure, during surgery. This close monitoring of vital signs enables us to make any required adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment.
- We take great care to monitor all aspects of your pet's surgery, including maintaining detailed records of all parameters and drugs administered. This ensures that your pet receives the appropriate level of care and that their recovery is proceeding as expected.
- During surgery, maintaining sterility is critical to prevent the risk of infection. Our veterinary team takes exceptional care to uphold strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Our clinic prioritises the comfort and pain management of your pet during and after surgery. We utilise various strategies, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet remains as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- Maintaining your pet's comfort during and after surgery is important to us. We use special measures, such as heating the surgical tables and recovery cages, to help keep your pet's body temperature comfortable throughout their recovery.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we recognise the difficulty of entrusting your pet to someone else's care. Our goal is to provide the best possible care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, giving you peace of mind.