Vet Clinic near Glen Waverley
At Elgar Road Vet, we're dedicated to providing exceptional animal care to the local Glen Waverley and surrounding communities. Our team of knowledgeable veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to offering friendly and expert veterinary services at our small animal clinic & hospital.
Trust the professional and caring team at Elgar Road Vet to provide the very best care for your furry friends. Since the early 1970s, our vets have been dedicated to offering exceptional veterinary services to the local community. Your pets are in very capable hands with our team.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that every pet deserves the best care possible. That's why we provide services for a range of pets, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines, and our team works hard to make your pets feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
We take pride in the high-quality care we provide to our patients here at Elgar Road Vet Hospital, before, during, and after their surgical procedures.
- We take pre-anaesthetic blood testing seriously. We know that it is an essential step in ensuring a safe and smooth surgical experience for your pet. Our team of experienced veterinarians conducts thorough blood tests to assess kidney and liver function, as well as levels of essential proteins, red and white blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information provides us with a comprehensive understanding of your pet's overall health and helps us to tailor an appropriate anesthetic plan that meets their individual needs.
- Ensuring that your pet's blood pressure remains stable during anesthesia is critical, and intravenous (IV) fluids can help with this. Surgery can cause blood pressure fluctuations, even in healthy animals, due to anesthesia's impact. Administering IV fluids can assist in maintaining proper hydration levels and ensuring that your pet's body functions correctly.
- We prioritise safety during surgeries by administering high safety level anaesthetic agents. We take the time to carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for each pet based on their individual needs and medical history to ensure a successful outcome.
- We use monitoring equipment during surgery to continuously measure your pet's blood pressure. This allows us to quickly respond to any changes in blood pressure that may occur, helping to ensure a safe and successful surgery.
- In addition to monitoring blood pressure, we also use specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate during surgery. This allows us to closely monitor your pet's vital signs and make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment.
- Our veterinary team closely monitors all aspects of your pet's surgery, including maintaining meticulous records of all parameters and drugs administered. This allows us to guarantee that your pet is receiving the necessary care, and their recovery is proceeding as expected.
- We understand that sterility is vital during surgery to avoid the possibility of infection. Our veterinary team takes rigorous precautions to maintain strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, including using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Our clinic prioritises the comfort and pain management of your pet during and after surgery. We utilise various strategies, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet remains as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- We understand that comfort plays a significant role in your pet's recovery. We take extra steps to ensure that your pet is comfortable during and after surgery, including heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to maintain a comfortable body temperature.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we recognise the difficulty of entrusting your pet to someone else's care. Our goal is to provide the best possible care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, giving you peace of mind.