Vet Clinic near Greythorn
At Elgar Road Vet, we're dedicated to providing exceptional animal care to the local Greythorn and surrounding communities. Our team of knowledgeable veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to offering friendly and expert veterinary services at our small animal clinic & hospital.
Trust the professional and caring team at Elgar Road Vet to provide the very best care for your furry friends. Since the early 1970s, our vets have been dedicated to offering exceptional veterinary services to the local community. Your pets are in very capable hands with our team.
Bring your pet bird, cat, dog, or rabbit to Elgar Road Vet for exceptional veterinary care. Our fully equipped clinic features examination rooms and diagnostic machines to ensure that your pets receive the best possible care. We also strive to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for your furry and feathered friends.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Our team at Elgar Road Vet Hospital is dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients at every stage of their surgical procedure, from pre-surgical testing to post-surgical recovery.
- We take pre-anaesthetic blood testing seriously. We know that it is an essential step in ensuring a safe and smooth surgical experience for your pet. Our team of experienced veterinarians conducts thorough blood tests to assess kidney and liver function, as well as levels of essential proteins, red and white blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information provides us with a comprehensive understanding of your pet's overall health and helps us to tailor an appropriate anesthetic plan that meets their individual needs.
- IV fluids play a crucial role in maintaining your pet's blood pressure levels during anesthesia. Regardless of your pet's health and fitness, surgery can cause fluctuations in blood pressure due to anesthesia's effects. Additionally, IV fluids help to keep your pet hydrated and promote the proper functioning of their body's systems.
- We use high safety level anaesthetic agents to help ensure a safe and successful surgery. We carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for your pet based on their individual needs and medical history.
- Monitoring your pet's blood pressure during surgery is a critical component of our surgical approach. Our team uses specialised equipment to measure blood pressure continuously, enabling us to take swift action in response to any changes and ensuring a safe and successful surgery.
- During surgery, we utilise specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate in addition to monitoring their blood pressure. This close monitoring enables us to make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a successful surgery.
- Our veterinary team closely monitors all aspects of your pet's surgery, including maintaining meticulous records of all parameters and drugs administered. This allows us to guarantee that your pet is receiving the necessary care, and their recovery is proceeding as expected.
- Sterility is crucial during surgery to prevent the risk of infection. We take special care to maintain strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, including using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Our clinic prioritises the comfort and pain management of your pet during and after surgery. We utilise various strategies, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet remains as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- We employ additional measures to maintain your pet’s comfort after surgery, such as heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to ensure a comfortable body temperature throughout their recovery.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we recognise the difficulty of entrusting your pet to someone else's care. Our goal is to provide the best possible care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, giving you peace of mind.