Vet Clinic near Hartwell
Looking for friendly and expert veterinary services in Hartwell and surrounding areas? Look no further than Elgar Road Vet! Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who provide exceptional animal care.
Operating since the early 1970’s the vets at Elgar Road Vet provide a service that is both professional and caring. We provide care for your furry friends that is the very best available, you can trust that when you bring your pets to our team he or she is in very capable hands. Offering the very best care for your furry friends is something we pride ourselves on; after all they are a part of your family!
Whether it is your pet bird, cat, dog or rabbit we are able to see them all, we aim to make them feel at ease in our clinic with fully equipped examination rooms and diagnostic machines.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Our team at Elgar Road Vet Hospital is dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients at every stage of their surgical procedure, from pre-surgical testing to post-surgical recovery.
- Before any surgical procedure, we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess your pet's overall health and function of their kidneys and liver. These tests help us to determine the appropriate anesthetic and pain management protocols for your pet and are critical to ensuring a safe and successful surgical experience.
- Ensuring that your pet's blood pressure remains stable during anesthesia is critical, and intravenous (IV) fluids can help with this. Surgery can cause blood pressure fluctuations, even in healthy animals, due to anesthesia's impact. Administering IV fluids can assist in maintaining proper hydration levels and ensuring that your pet's body functions correctly.
- We use high safety level anaesthetic agents to help ensure a safe and successful surgery. We carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for your pet based on their individual needs and medical history.
- Ensuring a safe and successful surgery for your pet is our top priority, and we achieve this by utilising monitoring equipment to measure their blood pressure continuously. Any changes in blood pressure are detected and addressed promptly to avoid any complications.
- During surgery, we utilise specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate in addition to monitoring their blood pressure. This close monitoring enables us to make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a successful surgery.
- Our veterinary team closely monitors all aspects of your pet's surgery, including maintaining meticulous records of all parameters and drugs administered. This allows us to guarantee that your pet is receiving the necessary care, and their recovery is proceeding as expected.
- Sterility is crucial during surgery to prevent the risk of infection. We take special care to maintain strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, including using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Our clinic prioritises the comfort and pain management of your pet during and after surgery. We utilise various strategies, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet remains as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- Maintaining your pet's comfort during and after surgery is important to us. We use special measures, such as heating the surgical tables and recovery cages, to help keep your pet's body temperature comfortable throughout their recovery.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we acknowledge that it can be difficult to leave your pet with someone else. Our priority is to give your pet the best possible care during their stay in our surgery, allowing you to rest assured that they are in good hands.