Vet Clinic near Kerrimuir
Elgar Road Vet proudly offers friendly and expert veterinary services to the local Kerrimuir and surrounding communities. As a small animal clinic & hospital our Kerrimuir vets pride ourselves in offering an exceptional animal care, with a knowledgeable & committed team of veterinarians & a dynamic team of veterinary nurses.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that your furry friends deserve the very best care. That's why our team of professional and caring vets have been providing exceptional veterinary services since the early 1970s. When you bring your pets to us, you can trust that they will be treated like a part of our family.
Whether it is your pet bird, cat, dog or rabbit we are able to see them all, we aim to make them feel at ease in our clinic with fully equipped examination rooms and diagnostic machines.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Our team at Elgar Road Vet Hospital is dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients at every stage of their surgical procedure, from pre-surgical testing to post-surgical recovery.
- We know that every pet is unique and requires an individualised approach to anesthesia. That's why we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess the function of your pet's kidneys and liver, and levels of important proteins, blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information is crucial to ensuring a safe and smooth anesthetic and post-operative recovery.
- IV fluids play a crucial role in maintaining your pet's blood pressure levels during anesthesia. Regardless of your pet's health and fitness, surgery can cause fluctuations in blood pressure due to anesthesia's effects. Additionally, IV fluids help to keep your pet hydrated and promote the proper functioning of their body's systems.
- Our team takes a thorough approach to the selection of a high safety level anesthetic, ensuring that each pet's medical history and individual requirements are considered.
- We use monitoring equipment during surgery to continuously measure your pet's blood pressure. This allows us to quickly respond to any changes in blood pressure that may occur, helping to ensure a safe and successful surgery.
- During surgery, we utilise specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate in addition to monitoring their blood pressure. This close monitoring enables us to make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a successful surgery.
- During your pet's surgery, our team pays attention to every detail, keeping accurate records of all parameters and drugs used. This ensures that your pet is receiving the appropriate level of care, and their recovery is progressing smoothly.
- During surgery, maintaining sterility is critical to prevent the risk of infection. Our veterinary team takes exceptional care to uphold strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Ensuring that your pet is comfortable and free from pain during and after surgery is crucial to us. Our veterinary team employs various pain management strategies, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to make sure your pet's recovery is as comfortable as possible.
- We take extra measures to ensure that your pet is comfortable during their surgery and recovery, including heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to help maintain a comfortable body temperature.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we acknowledge that it can be difficult to leave your pet with someone else. Our priority is to give your pet the best possible care during their stay in our surgery, allowing you to rest assured that they are in good hands.