Vet Clinic near Kew
At Elgar Road Vet, we're dedicated to providing exceptional animal care to the local Kew and surrounding communities. Our team of knowledgeable veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to offering friendly and expert veterinary services at our small animal clinic & hospital.
Trust the professional and caring team at Elgar Road Vet to provide the very best care for your furry friends. Since the early 1970s, our vets have been dedicated to offering exceptional veterinary services to the local community. Your pets are in very capable hands with our team.
At Elgar Road Vet, we can provide care for all your furry and feathered friends, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines to ensure that your pets receive the best care possible. We also strive to make them feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
We take pride in the high-quality care we provide to our patients here at Elgar Road Vet Hospital, before, during, and after their surgical procedures.
- We know that every pet is unique and requires an individualised approach to anesthesia. That's why we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess the function of your pet's kidneys and liver, and levels of important proteins, blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information is crucial to ensuring a safe and smooth anesthetic and post-operative recovery.
- IV fluids play a crucial role in maintaining your pet's blood pressure levels during anesthesia. Regardless of your pet's health and fitness, surgery can cause fluctuations in blood pressure due to anesthesia's effects. Additionally, IV fluids help to keep your pet hydrated and promote the proper functioning of their body's systems.
- We prioritise safety during surgeries by administering high safety level anaesthetic agents. We take the time to carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for each pet based on their individual needs and medical history to ensure a successful outcome.
- We use monitoring equipment during surgery to continuously measure your pet's blood pressure. This allows us to quickly respond to any changes in blood pressure that may occur, helping to ensure a safe and successful surgery.
- In addition to monitoring blood pressure, we measure your pet’s oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate. This allows us to make necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a safe and successful surgery.
- We take great care to monitor all aspects of your pet's surgery, including maintaining detailed records of all parameters and drugs administered. This ensures that your pet receives the appropriate level of care and that their recovery is proceeding as expected.
- To prevent the risk of infection during surgery, maintaining sterility is crucial. Our veterinary team employs stringent sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Ensuring that your pet is comfortable and free from pain during and after surgery is crucial to us. Our veterinary team employs various pain management strategies, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to make sure your pet's recovery is as comfortable as possible.
- We employ additional measures to maintain your pet’s comfort after surgery, such as heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to ensure a comfortable body temperature throughout their recovery.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we recognise the difficulty of entrusting your pet to someone else's care. Our goal is to provide the best possible care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, giving you peace of mind.