Vet Clinic near Murrumbeena
Trust Elgar Road Vet for all your veterinary needs in Murrumbeena and surrounding areas. Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who pride themselves on providing exceptional animal care to the local Murrumbeena community.
Since the early 1970s, Elgar Road Vet has been providing professional and caring veterinary services. We pride ourselves on offering the very best care for your furry friends and treating them like a part of our family. You can trust that your pets are in very capable hands when you bring them to our vet team.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that every pet deserves the best care possible. That's why we provide services for a range of pets, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines, and our team works hard to make your pets feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Providing optimal care to our patients before, during, and after their surgical procedure is a top priority for us here at Elgar Road Vet Hospital.
- We take pre-anaesthetic blood testing seriously. We know that it is an essential step in ensuring a safe and smooth surgical experience for your pet. Our team of experienced veterinarians conducts thorough blood tests to assess kidney and liver function, as well as levels of essential proteins, red and white blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information provides us with a comprehensive understanding of your pet's overall health and helps us to tailor an appropriate anesthetic plan that meets their individual needs.
- Intravenous (IV) fluids are administered throughout anesthesia to help stabilise your pet's blood pressure. Even healthy and fit animals can experience fluctuations in blood pressure during surgery due to the effects of the anesthetic. IV fluids also help to ensure that your pet is well-hydrated and their body's systems are functioning properly.
- We use high safety level anaesthetic agents to help ensure a safe and successful surgery. We carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for your pet based on their individual needs and medical history.
- Monitoring your pet's blood pressure during surgery is a critical component of our surgical approach. Our team uses specialised equipment to measure blood pressure continuously, enabling us to take swift action in response to any changes and ensuring a safe and successful surgery.
- During surgery, we utilise specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate in addition to monitoring their blood pressure. This close monitoring enables us to make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a successful surgery.
- We take great care to monitor all aspects of your pet's surgery, including maintaining detailed records of all parameters and drugs administered. This ensures that your pet receives the appropriate level of care and that their recovery is proceeding as expected.
- We understand that sterility is vital during surgery to avoid the possibility of infection. Our veterinary team takes rigorous precautions to maintain strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, including using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Ensuring that your pet is comfortable and free from pain during and after surgery is crucial to us. Our veterinary team employs various pain management strategies, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to make sure your pet's recovery is as comfortable as possible.
- Maintaining your pet's comfort during and after surgery is important to us. We use special measures, such as heating the surgical tables and recovery cages, to help keep your pet's body temperature comfortable throughout their recovery.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we recognise the difficulty of entrusting your pet to someone else's care. Our goal is to provide the best possible care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, giving you peace of mind.