Vet Clinic near Oakleigh East
Looking for friendly and expert veterinary services in Oakleigh East and surrounding areas? Look no further than Elgar Road Vet! Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who provide exceptional animal care.
Since the early 1970s, Elgar Road Vet has been providing professional and caring veterinary services. We pride ourselves on offering the very best care for your furry friends and treating them like a part of our family. You can trust that your pets are in very capable hands when you bring them to our vet team.
Bring your pet bird, cat, dog, or rabbit to Elgar Road Vet for exceptional veterinary care. Our fully equipped clinic features examination rooms and diagnostic machines to ensure that your pets receive the best possible care. We also strive to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for your furry and feathered friends.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Providing optimal care to our patients before, during, and after their surgical procedure is a top priority for us here at Elgar Road Vet Hospital.
- Before any surgical procedure, we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess your pet's overall health and function of their kidneys and liver. These tests help us to determine the appropriate anesthetic and pain management protocols for your pet and are critical to ensuring a safe and successful surgical experience.
- During anesthesia, administering intravenous (IV) fluids to your pet is crucial as it helps regulate their blood pressure. It's common for blood pressure to fluctuate during surgery, even for healthy pets, due to the anesthetic's effects. The fluids also aid in keeping your pet hydrated and ensuring their body's systems are working optimally.
- We use high safety level anaesthetic agents to prioritise the safety and well-being of pets during surgeries. We take a personalised approach to the selection of anesthetic, considering each pet's medical history and individual requirements.
- Ensuring a safe and successful surgery for your pet is our top priority, and we achieve this by utilising monitoring equipment to measure their blood pressure continuously. Any changes in blood pressure are detected and addressed promptly to avoid any complications.
- During surgery, we utilise specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate in addition to monitoring their blood pressure. This close monitoring enables us to make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a successful surgery.
- Our team carefully monitors all aspects of your pet's surgery, including keeping detailed records of all parameters and drugs administered. This helps us to ensure that your pet is receiving the appropriate level of care and that their recovery is progressing as it should.
- During surgery, maintaining sterility is critical to prevent the risk of infection. Our veterinary team takes exceptional care to uphold strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Ensuring that your pet is comfortable and free from pain during and after surgery is crucial to us. Our veterinary team employs various pain management strategies, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to make sure your pet's recovery is as comfortable as possible.
- We employ additional measures to maintain your pet’s comfort after surgery, such as heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to ensure a comfortable body temperature throughout their recovery.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital we understand how hard it is to leave a loved one in the hands of someone else. It is our goal to give your pet the best of care during their stay in our surgery and by doing that put your mind at ease.