Vet Clinic near Richmond North
At Elgar Road Vet, we're dedicated to providing exceptional animal care to the local Richmond North and surrounding communities. Our team of knowledgeable veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to offering friendly and expert veterinary services at our small animal clinic & hospital.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that your furry friends deserve the very best care. That's why our team of professional and caring vets have been providing exceptional veterinary services since the early 1970s. When you bring your pets to us, you can trust that they will be treated like a part of our family.
Bring your pet bird, cat, dog, or rabbit to Elgar Road Vet for exceptional veterinary care. Our fully equipped clinic features examination rooms and diagnostic machines to ensure that your pets receive the best possible care. We also strive to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for your furry and feathered friends.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
We take pride in the high-quality care we provide to our patients here at Elgar Road Vet Hospital, before, during, and after their surgical procedures.
- We know that every pet is unique and requires an individualised approach to anesthesia. That's why we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess the function of your pet's kidneys and liver, and levels of important proteins, blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information is crucial to ensuring a safe and smooth anesthetic and post-operative recovery.
- Intravenous (IV) fluids are administered throughout anesthesia to help stabilise your pet's blood pressure. Even healthy and fit animals can experience fluctuations in blood pressure during surgery due to the effects of the anesthetic. IV fluids also help to ensure that your pet is well-hydrated and their body's systems are functioning properly.
- We prioritise safety during surgeries by administering high safety level anaesthetic agents. We take the time to carefully select the appropriate anesthetic for each pet based on their individual needs and medical history to ensure a successful outcome.
- To guarantee the safety and success of your pet's surgery, we use monitoring equipment to measure their blood pressure continuously. This enables us to quickly detect any fluctuations in blood pressure and take the necessary steps to address them.
- During surgery, we utilise specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate in addition to monitoring their blood pressure. This close monitoring enables us to make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a successful surgery.
- Our team carefully monitors all aspects of your pet's surgery, including keeping detailed records of all parameters and drugs administered. This helps us to ensure that your pet is receiving the appropriate level of care and that their recovery is progressing as it should.
- During surgery, maintaining sterility is critical to prevent the risk of infection. Our veterinary team takes exceptional care to uphold strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Ensuring that your pet is comfortable and pain-free during and after surgery is a top priority for us. We use a variety of pain management strategies, including the use of pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet is as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- We take extra measures to ensure that your pet is comfortable during their surgery and recovery, including heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to help maintain a comfortable body temperature.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we recognise the difficulty of entrusting your pet to someone else's care. Our goal is to provide the best possible care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, giving you peace of mind.