Vet Clinic near Surrey Hills North
At Elgar Road Vet, we're dedicated to providing exceptional animal care to the local Surrey Hills North and surrounding communities. Our team of knowledgeable veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to offering friendly and expert veterinary services at our small animal clinic & hospital.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that your furry friends deserve the very best care. That's why our team of professional and caring vets have been providing exceptional veterinary services since the early 1970s. When you bring your pets to us, you can trust that they will be treated like a part of our family.
At Elgar Road Vet, we can provide care for all your furry and feathered friends, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines to ensure that your pets receive the best care possible. We also strive to make them feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
We take pride in the high-quality care we provide to our patients here at Elgar Road Vet Hospital, before, during, and after their surgical procedures.
- We know that every pet is unique and requires an individualised approach to anesthesia. That's why we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess the function of your pet's kidneys and liver, and levels of important proteins, blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information is crucial to ensuring a safe and smooth anesthetic and post-operative recovery.
- During anesthesia, administering intravenous (IV) fluids to your pet is crucial as it helps regulate their blood pressure. It's common for blood pressure to fluctuate during surgery, even for healthy pets, due to the anesthetic's effects. The fluids also aid in keeping your pet hydrated and ensuring their body's systems are working optimally.
- We use high safety level anaesthetic agents to prioritise the safety and well-being of pets during surgeries. We take a personalised approach to the selection of anesthetic, considering each pet's medical history and individual requirements.
- To guarantee the safety and success of your pet's surgery, we use monitoring equipment to measure their blood pressure continuously. This enables us to quickly detect any fluctuations in blood pressure and take the necessary steps to address them.
- During surgery, we utilise specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate in addition to monitoring their blood pressure. This close monitoring enables us to make any necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a successful surgery.
- Our team carefully monitors all aspects of your pet's surgery, including keeping detailed records of all parameters and drugs administered. This helps us to ensure that your pet is receiving the appropriate level of care and that their recovery is progressing as it should.
- We understand that sterility is vital during surgery to avoid the possibility of infection. Our veterinary team takes rigorous precautions to maintain strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, including using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- We take your pet's comfort seriously and make it our top priority during and after surgery. Our team uses different pain management techniques, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet is as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- We take extra measures to ensure that your pet is comfortable during their surgery and recovery, including heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to help maintain a comfortable body temperature.
We understand that leaving your pet with someone else can be stressful. At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we strive to provide excellent care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, putting your mind at ease.