Vet Clinic near The Pines
At Elgar Road Vet, we're dedicated to providing exceptional animal care to the local The Pines and surrounding communities. Our team of knowledgeable veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses are committed to offering friendly and expert veterinary services at our small animal clinic & hospital.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that your furry friends deserve the very best care. That's why our team of professional and caring vets have been providing exceptional veterinary services since the early 1970s. When you bring your pets to us, you can trust that they will be treated like a part of our family.
At Elgar Road Vet, we believe that every pet deserves the best care possible. That's why we provide services for a range of pets, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines, and our team works hard to make your pets feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we pride ourselves on providing optimal care to our patients, before, during and after their surgical procedure.
- Pre-anaesthetic blood testing is a critical component of every surgical procedure at Elgar Road Vet. Our veterinary team carefully assesses the function of your pet's kidneys and liver, as well as important proteins, blood cells, and electrolytes levels. These tests are essential for ensuring a safe and successful anesthetic and smooth post-operative recovery.
- Throughout anesthesia, your pet's blood pressure needs to be stabilised, and IV fluids can assist in this. The effects of anesthesia can cause fluctuations in blood pressure, even in healthy and fit animals. IV fluids help to maintain hydration levels, promoting optimal bodily function and health.
- We use high safety level anaesthetic agents to prioritise the safety and well-being of pets during surgeries. We take a personalised approach to the selection of anesthetic, considering each pet's medical history and individual requirements.
- To guarantee the safety and success of your pet's surgery, we use monitoring equipment to measure their blood pressure continuously. This enables us to quickly detect any fluctuations in blood pressure and take the necessary steps to address them.
- Our surgical team employs specialised equipment to measure your pet's oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate, in addition to blood pressure, during surgery. This close monitoring of vital signs enables us to make any required adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment.
- During your pet's surgery, our team pays attention to every detail, keeping accurate records of all parameters and drugs used. This ensures that your pet is receiving the appropriate level of care, and their recovery is progressing smoothly.
- Sterility is crucial during surgery to prevent the risk of infection. We take special care to maintain strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, including using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- Our clinic prioritises the comfort and pain management of your pet during and after surgery. We utilise various strategies, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet remains as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- We take extra measures to ensure that your pet is comfortable during their surgery and recovery, including heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to help maintain a comfortable body temperature.
At Elgar Road Vet Hospital we understand how hard it is to leave a loved one in the hands of someone else. It is our goal to give your pet the best of care during their stay in our surgery and by doing that put your mind at ease.