Vet Clinic near Eaglemont
Trust Elgar Road Vet for all your veterinary needs in Eaglemont and surrounding areas. Our small animal clinic & hospital is staffed by a team of committed veterinarians and dynamic veterinary nurses who pride themselves on providing exceptional animal care to the local Eaglemont community.
Since the early 1970s, Elgar Road Vet has been providing professional and caring veterinary services. We pride ourselves on offering the very best care for your furry friends and treating them like a part of our family. You can trust that your pets are in very capable hands when you bring them to our vet team.
At Elgar Road Vet, we can provide care for all your furry and feathered friends, including birds, cats, dogs, and rabbits. Our clinic is fully equipped with examination rooms and diagnostic machines to ensure that your pets receive the best care possible. We also strive to make them feel at ease during their visit.
Open 7 days a week our Veterinary Clinic offers:
- House calls
- Preventative medicines for Heartworm, fleas and intestinal worms
- Nutritional advice
- Pregnancy Diagnosis
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- Pathology including some in-house pathology services
- Puppy Preschool
- Cat boarding
- Pet products
- Kitten/cat adoptions
- Behavioural advice
- Geriatric care
- Weight management
- Rabbit care
Let our experienced team assist your furry friend with all vaccinations & health care needs, animal desexing & even cat boarding.
High Surgical Safety Standards
Our team at Elgar Road Vet Hospital is dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients at every stage of their surgical procedure, from pre-surgical testing to post-surgical recovery.
- We know that every pet is unique and requires an individualised approach to anesthesia. That's why we conduct pre-anaesthetic blood testing to assess the function of your pet's kidneys and liver, and levels of important proteins, blood cells, platelets, and electrolytes. This information is crucial to ensuring a safe and smooth anesthetic and post-operative recovery.
- Throughout anesthesia, your pet's blood pressure needs to be stabilised, and IV fluids can assist in this. The effects of anesthesia can cause fluctuations in blood pressure, even in healthy and fit animals. IV fluids help to maintain hydration levels, promoting optimal bodily function and health.
- We use high safety level anaesthetic agents to prioritise the safety and well-being of pets during surgeries. We take a personalised approach to the selection of anesthetic, considering each pet's medical history and individual requirements.
- To guarantee the safety and success of your pet's surgery, we use monitoring equipment to measure their blood pressure continuously. This enables us to quickly detect any fluctuations in blood pressure and take the necessary steps to address them.
- In addition to monitoring blood pressure, we measure your pet’s oxygen saturation, respiratory rate, and heart rate. This allows us to make necessary adjustments to their anaesthesia and treatment, ensuring a safe and successful surgery.
- Our veterinary team closely monitors all aspects of your pet's surgery, including maintaining meticulous records of all parameters and drugs administered. This allows us to guarantee that your pet is receiving the necessary care, and their recovery is proceeding as expected.
- During surgery, maintaining sterility is critical to prevent the risk of infection. Our veterinary team takes exceptional care to uphold strict sterility routines throughout your pet's surgery, using specialised equipment and techniques to minimise the risk of contamination.
- We take your pet's comfort seriously and make it our top priority during and after surgery. Our team uses different pain management techniques, including pain medication and local anesthetics, to ensure that your pet is as comfortable as possible throughout their recovery.
- We understand that comfort plays a significant role in your pet's recovery. We take extra steps to ensure that your pet is comfortable during and after surgery, including heating the surgical tables and recovery cages to maintain a comfortable body temperature.
We understand that leaving your pet with someone else can be stressful. At Elgar Road Vet Hospital, we strive to provide excellent care for your pet during their stay in our surgery, putting your mind at ease.