Kitten Adoption Donvale
Our Cat Adoption Centre Program in Donvale is a joint effort between our veterinary practice, welfare agencies, and pounds to provide a loving home for cats and kittens that would otherwise be at risk. By adopting through our program, you not only offer a home to a furry friend in need but also encourage responsible pet ownership.
Adopting a cat or kitten is an enriching experience that not only gives a furry friend a loving home but also offers numerous benefits to you as the new owner. Here are just a few of the benefits of adopting a feline friend:
- Companionship: Cats provide companionship and are loving animals that relish spending time with their human companions. They provide infinite entertainment and will always be there to curl up with you at the end of a long day.
- Health benefits: Owning a cat has several health benefits, including reducing stress and anxiety, lowering blood pressure, and boosting your mood. Additionally, playing with your kitten is an excellent way to get some exercise and improve your overall health.
- Teaching responsibility: Adopting a cat is a great way to teach children (and even adults) about responsibility. Caring for a cat involves regular feeding, grooming, and playtime, which can help teach important life skills.
- Saving a life: Adopting a cat or kitten from a shelter or rescue organisation is a meaningful way to give a loving home to a furry friend in need while also helping to reduce overcrowding in shelters and save a life.
- Lower cost: The cost of adopting a cat from a shelter or rescue organisation is often less than purchasing a kitten from a breeder. Plus, the adoption fee covers veterinary procedures such as desexing, microchipping, and vaccinations.
All cats and kittens in our program receive a comprehensive health check, are desexed, microchipped, vaccinated, wormed, and flea treated. We also evaluate their personalities to ensure they are a good match for their new family.
Although there is an adoption fee for our cats and kittens, it is subsidised by our clinic and helps cover the cost of their veterinary procedures. Rest assured that this fee allows us to provide high-quality care for our feline friends and prepares them to join your family.
We provide an Adoption Certificate and kitten pack from our supporter, Hills, to new owners upon adoption of a cat or kitten. The kitten pack includes food samples and care information to ensure that your new furry friend has everything they need to start their new life with you.
Our available cats and kittens are updated regularly, so make sure to check back frequently or contact us for more details. We can't wait to help you find your ideal feline companion!
Please call us to see if we have any kittens available for adoption on (03) 9899 9518